Lead Network Operations Support - WAN / Service Provider - BGP / MPLS
Dedicated major client
This position will provide dedicated or semi-dedicated operational support to a specific Managed Service customer’s network. Will be responsible for providing customer centric overlay technical support to enhance their use of the MSP’s services, working against an agreed scope of work which is specifically crafted for nominated customer accounts. Role is expected to ensure prevention of issues from occurring, resolving issues quickly when they occur, and being the customer's key technical advocate.
You will be responsible for providing 2nd or 3rd line customer support for issues disrupting their use of services, including proactive alarm management/surveillance, network analysis, routine maintenance, health checks, and major incident/crisis management.
The role is expected to ensure proactive prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly.
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 3rd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults.
- Mentor and train new members of the NOC team
- Assist defining new processes and bringing in to use
- Monitor and action incident queues on a daily basis in a timely and professional manner.
- Take ownership of complex investigations
- Management of all Data Services NOC queues including incident allocation and technical validations/reviews.
- Management of technically escalated issues that may require hands-on management of 3rd party vendor activities and customer liaison.
- Monitoring network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and identification of activities that present risk to the live networks. Action and resolve using the correct processes and procedures.
- Delivering the agreed scope for their customers in line with the agreed documentation
- Align and complement the BAU operations for customers
- Collaborating within the team to ensure no gaps in cover
- Seeking opportunity to improve the customer experience, and reduce customer effort both on a case by case and wider perspective
- Being the customer’s technical advocate, and striving to provide a positive customer experience irrespective of expertise, history, or workload
- Collaborating within team and across teams (Specifically Service Desk, Tier III) without prejudice or assumption, striving only to serve the customer and their team.
- Managing workload and collaborating with their peers on opportunity to assist
- Continual personal development – technicians are responsible for ensuring their skillsets are updated and adapted in line with technological and industry trends.
- Expected to develop an expert knowledge in a small number of key subject areas, and a broad capability for the key products and services
- Proactively seeking opportunity to promptly resolve complex issues
- Taking a primary support role in the development and launch of new products and technologies, becoming a Subject Matter Expert where applicable
- Must have worked for in a Service Provider network operations environment with expertise supporting Service Provider WAN Networks
- CCNP or Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP level
- Demonstrable experience within WAN technology
- Solid experience of BGP / MPLS routing and fault finding
- Requires an expert understanding of IP networking specifically WAN / MPLS / BGP networking, primary vendor is Cisco but where possible Nokia/Alcatel and Juniper demonstrated via certification and operational experience.
- Significant experience working on Data/IP networks within an operational environment; completing 2nd/3rd level diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors.
- Demonstrative experience in Incident Management and Service Operations environments.
Our client is one of the leading Global Network and IT Managed Service providers.
Our client is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world.
They offer network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fibre network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network