Network Operations Technician – 3rd Line / NOC Support – 3rd Line
Hampshire / Berkshire
Our client is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world.
They offer network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network.
You will be responsible for providing escalated customer support for issues disrupting their use of services, including proactive alarm management/surveillance, network analysis, routine maintenance, health checks, and major incident/crisis management.
The role is expected to ensure proactive prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly.
• Solid understanding of supporting IP VPN networking primarily on Cisco hardware (Juniper and Nokia (Alcatel) hardware experience useful.
• Solid BGP routing expertise
• Experience working on Data/IP networks completing diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors preferred.
• Job role may involve participation in a 24x7x365 shift pattern (varied)
• Good communication skills with ability to converse technical information to all audiences.
• Good organisational skills with ability to work within defined service level agreements and effectively multi-task.
• Good 2nd line technical competency level that spans WAN related technologies.
• Proactive attitude with an ability to take ownership of issues.
• Willingness to help train Service Desk staff on technical, functional and procedural items.
• Manage WAN connectivity to CPE LAN (Customer premises equipment)
• Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 3rd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults.
• Escalated support, able to resolve IOS Bugs and hardcore escalated issues.
• Mentor and train new members of the NOC team
• Assist defining new processes and bringing in to use
• Monitor and action incident queues on a daily basis in a timely and professional manner.
• Take ownership of complex investigations
• Management of all Data Services NOC queues including incident allocation and technical validations/reviews.
• Management of technically escalated issues that may require hands-on management of 3rd party vendor activities and customer liaison.
• Monitoring network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and identification of activities that present risk to the live networks. Action and resolve using the correct processes and procedures.
• Provide operational assistance to all areas of Network Operations