London or Reading, UK
Purpose of Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the customer facing EMEA Solutions Consulting team that has a proven track record of successful consultancy project delivery.
The Network and Security Architect is accountable for providing high-quality consultancy, design and implementation services across a wide scope of networking and security technologies for customers within the EMEA region. Responsibilities include advisory and consulting, technical assessments, complex architecture design and implementation supervision, migrations and/or transition planning, maintenance, project planning, standards validation and development, technical documentation, training, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Deliver comprehensive architect-level services to customers ensuring the best possible solution is designed and implemented to meet current and future customer needs and requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership throughout the lifecycle of a customer solution, able to present and demonstrate relevant value at all customer stakeholder levels.
- Perform a wide range design consultancy and implementation engagements based on datacentre network technologies and related offerings for customers (80% Design, 20% Implementation).
- Scope and deliver high quality Statement of Works (SOW), RFP responses, and other proposal materials to support professional and consulting services activities.
- Assist on preparation and delivery of presentations, tender responses and proposals to new and existing customers with Account Executives, System Engineers, Consultants and Architects to ensure the project win.
- Create comprehensive documentation around network design and project delivery and deliver handover information to integration and support staff.
- Work with other Solutions Consulting professionals, as well as Pre-Sales, Sales, Operations, Hosting Engineering, Customer Account Managers and Project Management to ensure that custom elements of a solution can be built and fully supported, and that deliverables are clearly defined, and agreed with the customer at the point of sale.
- Build proof-of-concept environments to showcase technology and integrate into customers’ existing IT infrastructure.
- Work with the SCT Practice Head in the creation of Network and Security Services offerings and capabilities.
- Execution and leadership of Network and Security Services’ projects to new and existing customers.
- Demonstrate technical and advisory leadership for customers, sales, and other consultants.
- Participate in sales meetings to actively promote Network and Security Services. Perform billable consultancy work. Demonstrate technical and advisory leadership for customers, sales, and other consultants and effectively communicate the technical and business message.
- Successfully lead complex customer accounts or projects, bridging between the needs of the customer and the company.
- Determine scope and technical requirements for Network and Security Services engagements.
- Produce case studies and technical whitepapers on areas of customer interest.
- 10 years+ experience with a background across presales, project lead, project delivery and operations, able to demonstrate leadership skills within each area across custom and complex solutions.
- Relevant industry/vendor certifications on Cisco and Juniper products. The applicant should be able to demonstrate CCIE-level knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of data communications, security and networking technologies in an enterprise business environment, including datacentre, wide area networking and campus technologies.
- Ability to lead and manage virtual teams including pre-sales and build/implementation teams.
- Solid experience with Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and Load Balancers, with emphasis on Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco A/ISR, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper SAxxxx, Juniper firewalls and F5 products.
- Design experience with SIEM solutions such as Splunk and Q-Radar.
- Strong understanding on internetworking technologies likes VXLAN, OTV, VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocol like BGP, ISIS, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Working knowledge in Internetworking protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, DNS, IPsec etc.
- Hands on networking experience in VMware/virtualized environments.
- Solid experience with network and security in public and private cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of Information Assurance frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI-DSS and SOX
- Understanding of APT, threat management and risk management.
- Knowledge of data security, handling different classes of data, and how it applies to enterprises with specific knowledge of GDPR.
- Some travel may be required through the UK and Europe.
- Experience in working for a managed services provider.
- Infrastructure knowledge across storage and compute.
- Good knowledge of a vertical commercial environment, e.g. retail, legal, or finance.
- Desirable relevant certifications e.g. ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, DODAF, SABSA etc.
- High level knowledge of datacentre environmental facilities including power distribution, uninterruptible power switching systems, generators, air handling equipment, cabling and cable management systems, fire suppression, and security.
- Full UK driving license (with the ability to travel to the company offices and client sites across EMEA).