Practice Lead – Product Management
London/Peterborough – Remote Working
c£60,00/£80,000 negotiable + £10,000 bonus
(Past 3 years 100% achieved bonus paid Quarterly)
Cloud, Storage, Virtualisation, Compute, Networking, Security, Collaboration and Desktop.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Practice Lead for Product Management is responsible for the management and leadership of a team of highly skilled Product Managers and Analysts, and is required following a sustained level of growth within the services business.
The Practice Lead for Product Management will be helping drive further growth through the continued development and maintenance of our already strong services capability in both professional and managed services.
• Represent as an authority on product management
• Operate and own the processes of definition, launch, prototype and refining offerings
• Produce and maintain a roadmap of future products in conjunction with strategy and vendor roadmaps
• Proactively attend relevant vendor events and being the “go to” individual for the product catalogue
• Motivating the practice to continue the development of services in line with business requirements in terms of rate of development whilst ensuring quality standards are met and exceeded on a continual basis
• Performing regular co-worker 121’s, performance reviews, objective setting and working with the Head of Research and Development to ensure team activities are in alignment with business strategy
Research & Development
• Responsible for the creation, final release and approval of all associated documentation required for the on-going management of assigned products
• Conduct and manage market research collectively with sales teams to define appropriate market rate pricing for new services
• Create cost models for services in collaboration with FP&A/Finance representatives
• Understand clearly the commercial proposition of each product and aspects of business justification both for and a client
• Contribute towards market/product research activities and act as the team’s stakeholder in research findings and presentations, ensuring research findings are accurate and summarised accordingly to ensure CxO time is best used
Standards & processes
• Ensuring Product Management activities continue to meet businesses and or industry compliance requirements including but not limited to ISO certifications
• Identify and champion toolsets that compliment services
• Utilise and help refine standards for product design and management
• Define, document and oversee internal process that support launched services
• Develop and maintain great working relationships with sales teams, services teams and third parties
• Provide support to Business development managers during the sales process
• Provide effective training and workshops for various groups including sales and services on the products which have been designed before launch
• Lead efforts to continually communicate roadmap and work packages to other departments
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Experienced product management leader or accomplished product manager ready to take the next step in their career.
Experience in developing product management processes and toolsets
Proven experience leading teams of individuals
Experience and awareness of key elements of services including support, monitoring, maintenance and systems management.
Awareness of a wide range of technologies and products including categories of Cloud, Storage, Virtualisation, Compute, Networking, Security, Collaboration and Desktop.
Familiarity with processes and methodologies for product management:
• Conceive/Take influence and assess market opportunity
• Concept design
• Specify and design
• Manage the process of detailed design with peer experts
• Sales documentation and training
• Build and QA