NetApp Storage Support Administrator – UK
South East / Midlands / Remote – with sporadic travel to client sites throughout the UK
We seek several NetApp centric Storage support professionals to form a dedicated onsite and remote storage support team for a major UK client.
You must be capable of owning and resolving storage issues and ensure best of breed proactive monitoring of the clients’ storage infrastructure.
Our client requires the team to undertake a blend of office, remote and client site based support – as a result all team members must have a highly flexible mindset and comfortable travelling to client sites throughout the UK sporadically as needed.
You will have experience of supporting NetApp ONTAP devices, proactive technical health checks, on-site diagnosis and life cycling of datacentre scale storage environments.
- Experience supporting NetApp ONTAP devices / environments to 2nd line level.
- Understand NetApp storage operational best practices.
- Experience working in a datacentre.
- Knowledge of ITSM systems (ideally AutoTask).
- Understanding of a “as a service” offerings
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider, supporting client technology (ideally).
- NetApp certfications (and other storage vednors) will be highly regarded.
- Amazing problem solving and analytical mindse
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for detail
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook with a passion for service excellence.
- Out of hours work as and when required.
Elements of the role:
Service Desk Support:
- Act as the first point of contact for storage-related issues, providing timely and effective resolutions whilst working with vendor and suppliers to triage storage events, such as hardware failures.
- Collaborate with Vendor, third-parties and Client Teams to understand and troubleshoot storage problems.
- A strong understanding of ITIL process, diligence for change process is required.
- The role may require some out of hours activities and support.
NetApp Storage Management:
- Monitor and manage NetApp storage systems, ensuring optimal performance and reliability through the delivery of technical health checks.
- Execute routine maintenance tasks and updates to keep systems up-to-date on a rolling schedule for in-support devices.
- Respond to storage incidents promptly, investigating and resolving issues within agreed-upon Client SLAs.
- Escalate complex issues to higher-level support, Vendor/Third-party, or engineering teams when necessary.
- Customer Site Visits:
- Travel to customer sites for on-site support, installations, decommissions, and assessments as required.
- Collaborate with clients to provide hands-on assistance and ensure their storage needs are met.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate documentation of storage configurations, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions.
- Generate reports on storage performance metrics and contribute insights for continuous service improvement.
Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed.
Our client provides an incredible springboard for your technical career. You will work alongside some of the best technology evangelists in the market and be given the opportunity to fast track your technical ability. Vendor technical training and accreditations are provided actively encouraged!!
Call to discuss further.