Senior Microsoft Engineer - Azure
Location: Near Reading
Salary Details: £65k + £4,200 car allowance + excellent benefits
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Technical Management all incidents, Change requests and system alerts, through to resolutionCustomer Satisfaction
• Remote telephone support of customer infrastructureApplications high priority issues to resolution
• Maintain High quality documentation & Knowledge base articles, to aid speedy ticket resolution and quality customer service
• Achieve and maintain expert level qualificationsexperience within the core supported products of your Technology area
• Be available (on-call) out of hours for your technology area, resolving high priority customer and TSC related issues
• Conduct technical presales meetings with SalesAccount management or Business Development Managers.
• Design, build and configure customer devices, deploy and install on the customer site either remotely or on site
• Mentor lower skilled members of the team.
• Ability to self-learn and stay current with cloud services
• Have at least 3 years' experience in Azure cloud demonstrated by
• Examples of customer delivery
• Migration to Azure
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Primary skills (Expert)
• Azure, Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud, Office365
• Azure Operations Management Suite
• AAD, and supporting services ADFS integration, Azure MFA, B2C,
• Windows Azure Pack, Windows Azure Stack
• Azure Networking and Express Route and VPN's, including
oUnderstanding of onsite networking pertaining to Azure
oVPN capabilities of Azure
oCan explain UDR and use of Firewalls in Azure
oUnderstands network load balancing and gateway technologies
• Good understanding of Azure license/cost models, e.g. CSP, EA, BYOL, etc.
oPay per use, platform or BYOL.
oBe able to articulate what Azure items generate cost, and the scale of the cost generated.
oShould be able to articulate the differences of these models, and.
oHow this would affect operation and management of the platform.
• Azure IAAS, Storage, (incl. understanding of StorSimple).
• Azure Site Recovery (VMware and Hyper-V), Azure backup services
• Understanding of Azure PAAS services, SQL and Web, and Apps
• Detailed understanding of configuring and monitoring of Azure services, e.g. detailed implementation level. Logging, alerting, reporting etc.
• High level understanding of office 365 and services
• High level understanding of Citrix deployment and management in Azure
• Tools sets to monitor and manage Office 365 and Azure
• Understanding and ability to write the following
oAzure template JSOn etc.